by Elisabeth Sherwin, formerly of The Davis (Calif.) Enterprise
Over 400 book reviews and author interviews are indexed and on-line at this website.
These columns and articles have been featured in a number of newspapers.
For information about Elisabeth Sherwin visit Elisabeth's Bio page or reach her at email@example.com.
[Author Menu] [Date Menu] [Genre Menu] [Links] [Sponsors]
Hacks: Eleven suggestions for a better, possibly easier life -- see December 24, 2019 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
Greece: Visiting old friends in a new setting -- see November 24, 2019 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
Greece: Land of litter and wild cats -- see October 27, 2019 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
Make your bed -- see August 4, 2019 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
Follow the Truck -- see June 23, 2019 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
What is your favorite comfort food? -- see May 26, 2019 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
Visit to Davis and Sacramento shows that you can't go home again -- see February 28, 2019 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
How San Francisco recharges the psychic batteries -- see December 22, 2018 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
San Francisco’s Chinatown opens doors to history, good and bad -- see November 25, 2018 column by Elisabeth Sherwin
PRINTED MATTER ON THE WEB -- Continues on a monthly basis since January 2016
- December 24, 2019 Feature Article -- New for December 2019
- November 24, 2019 Feature Article -- New for November 2019
- October 27, 2019 Feature Article -- New for October 2019
- August 4, 2019 Feature Article -- New for August 2019
- June 23, 2019 Feature Article -- New for July 2019
- May 26, 2019 Feature Article -- New for May 2019
- February 28, 2019 Feature Article -- New for February 2019
- November 25, 2018 Feature Article -- New for June 2018
- Recommended Reading; Elisabeth Sherwin's List of Books for 2003 -- December 1, 2003
- Recommended Reading -- Elisabeth Sherwin's List of Best Books
- Special; 10th Anniversary installment -- May 25, 1997
Directories and Indexes Updated for 2017
- Author Directory -- articles ordered by the author's surname (search engine).
- Date Directory -- article titles (subject search engine) ordered by date of publication.
- Genre Index -- articles described by type, with author's name and book title.
- Past Photos -- photos from past columns (see below for current image)
- Elisabeth's Return Links
- Elisabeth's Art Reviews -- On-line Art magazine supplement New
- Elisabeth's Travel Log -- On-line travel magazine supplement updated 10/27/19
- Greece: Land of litter and wild cats October, 2019
as described by Elisabeth
- 10 Days in Paris -- C'est Magnifique May, 2018
- Come visit the real Georgia June, 2007
- Reporter describes her long, strange trip to India March, 2006
- Seven months after tsunami, exhausted care-givers need help
2 UCDMC docs
travel to Sri Lanka. August, 2005
- Brit captivated by sunny San Francisco, Yosemite. May, 2004
- I may be a minority voice on this, but I like Paris. November 2003
- A 12-step meeting in Uman, Ukraine October 2003
- Georgia to Armenia 2003 September 2003
- Sherwin's 2000 trip to Ukraine -- September, 2000
- Sherwin's 1998 trip to Ukraine -- September, 1998
- Visit China and England
[Author Menu] [Date Menu] [Genre Menu] [Home Page] [Links] [Sponsors]
"In the photo, [Lt Frank Sherwin] wearing his leather
flight jacket with the “night hawk” insignia (drawn by Milton Caniff of the
“Steve Canyon” comic strip fame). It looks like he has his hands on his
hips as he grins into the camera. The photo was taken on a windy day. He
looks young, brave..."
Follow this link to theAugust 15, 2005 feature in the Davis Enterprise and part of PRINTED MATTER ON THE WEB.
Caption by Elisabeth Sherwin, quoted from the above, linked column.
Photo by unknown, circa 1944.
This Web site is maintained with the assistance of The Davis Virtual Market (G.Richard Yamagata, PhD,) and is proud to be indexed in YAHOO: [Columna and Columnists] and [Literature Reviews]
Printed Matter's Growing List of Sponsors:
Davis Virtual Market Links of Solidarity