Games On the Net (Davis Virtual Market) updated 5/10/01
Dr. Sue's Choice GAME SITES ON THE WEB 2001
Please note that the Cascoly Software Links have been repaired for now. Things change so much over there, you can never be sure. Report broken links on this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3D Riddle -- this game consists of mazes of stereograms. You try to navigate from screen to screen by finding the one link that exits and enters the next part of the maze.
- Arcade Game Sites -- Everyone at one time or another has seen or played an arcade game. These range from Asteroids to Space Invaders to Galaxian to Pac Man to Tetris. These are three sites with large collections of arcade games: Coffee Break Arcade, JavaGamePlay.Com, and FreeArcade.com. An amusing variation of Asteroids is Shatneroids and an equally inspiring variation of Space Invaders is Bill Vaders.
- Inert Net Anagram Server -- This is instant anagram heaven on the Web!
- Adventure Zine and On-Line Gaming -- this is probably one of the most exciting RPG sites on the Web today. You can take part in beta testing a role playing game that has cost over 1 Million Dollars to develop.
- The WWW
Backgammon Page -- If you want to find out everything possible about this game, including where to go on-line to play, discuss, research, and watch, this is THE SITE on the Web. There is a link here to the very first Internet Backgammon server, where people of all computer operating systems can play via telnet.
- VME's own Black Jack on the web -- This is best viewed in 800 by 480 or better resolution; we welcome sponsors.
- WebBattleship -- The online version of the classic game, except you cannot choose where you want to place your battleships. Always entertaining, and the computer is pretty formidable. Other games at the site include: WebMinesweeper, WebReversi, and WebMaze.
- Bluedog Can Count -- is a toy for your mathematical enjoyment. Blue dog will bark out the answer to any simple math problem you can input. But be careful about imaginary numbers. If you click his picture, he will bark too.
- Bolo -- for Mac Users Only; Bolo is a multi-player, graphical tank game. This is THE BEST Bolo site that can be found on the Web. Yes, this is placed here because of Michael La Pera and Jason Aller of the DCN Web Team.
Bridge on the Web -- A general look and source of links and places to try, like the BRIDGE PLAYERS LIVE information site.
- Internet Checkers -- A place to play checkers on the web against a virtual opponent.
- Internet Chess Library -- This is THE Website for the serious on-line chess enthusiast.
- The Daily 100 -- A fantastic site featuring 80's movie trivia. They provide the clip, you provide the actor, movie, and year it debuted. Site keeps track of players; that is, it's a contest. Someone will win with a perfect score of 1000! Clip changes every 10 weeks.
- The Fruit Game -- Offers an improved variation of an old classic. Players remove fruit from the screen; the last player to remove fruit loses. Try this mathematical adventure.
- Hunt the Wumpus on the web --
Look here for an online version of this multi-player game. The links are towards the bottom of the page. It is primitive virtual reality. Your goal is to hunt the wumpus and shoot it before it gets you. Site includes game instructions and choice of modes of play include a graphic version and a text only version.
- Interactive Model Railroad -- This is the ultimate in online model railroads that you can operate from your Web browser, brought to you from the University of Ulm. The site also contains other railroad-related links. And, you don't have to set-up all that track in your already filled home.
- Name That Tune -- This website changes tunes every two weeks.
- RGP: NOWWHERE -- This takes interactive adventure games one step further with the incorporation of 3D graphics. This is THE BEST example of this game genre on the Web. There are 4 other games at the web site.
- The Triangle Puzzle. The object of this puzzle is to remove all but one ball from a triangular board. The program is written as a Java applet, and has 3 different board styles.
- MasterWeb. A game of logic where you try to guess the sequence of colored balls based on clues provided by the
- Web Puzzler
This game scrambles an image and challenges you to put it back together. Rather than using
"sliding-tiles" to rearrange the pieces, you swap two pieces with each other. There are dozens of images
to choose from!
There are many variations on the rules of this game, and we've implemented a few for your enjoyment. The
game is often played (in the real world) with a wooden board, using beads, seeds or just about any other
- The Puzzles -- Crossword, brainteasers, and logic puzzles and links to other puzzle areas of interest on and off the Web.
- More Puzzles from IBM -- the Electric Origami Shop -- The electric origami shop features kaleidoscopes shots, fractals, high tech art, and some very tough puzzles for the mathematically
inclined. The site also features an interesting site traveler that one could explore for days. This link is dedicated to that retired IBM programmer that resides on DCN and is the advocate and protecter of all our privacy on the Web and in the Grocery stores... I would link to his web site, but because he wants to remain anonymous, he has removed all the content from his web directory.
- The The Riparian Forest -- an educational hunt and seek; find the animals and learn about them.
- A Simple Rhyming Dictionary --This page offers a simple online rhyming dictionary that provides a list of words that rhyme with any entered word. Also provides homonyms, as long as the entered word is in the dictionary.
- Simpson Java Applet Games -- The Simpsons Dating Game was an interactive personality profile analyzer website which let you find out which member of the Simpson's cartoon cast was the perfect date for you. This could be brutal. Matter of fact, this was always brutal -- if the best you can hope for is Marge Simpson... The Simpson Dating game has disappeared from the web, but we hope you will enjoy these games just as well. You can put the code on your own web page. The games are: Bart Wars,
Killing Maude Flanders,
Simpsons Checkers, and
Simpsons Sliding Puzzles
- Slider -- a page of tile puzzle games. This is a Cascoly Game that requires that you download it to play. This site is full of links to games, services and products that Cascoly sells. The site suffers from too many links on each page and I find it confusing to get around and difficult to find the free samples that I want without following links to the shopping. You can spend hours here and you can get frustrated by all the broken links. But what is new about brokern links...
- Tic Tac Toe -- This classic game of pen and paper can now be played on the Web in a Shakespearean motif. If that link does not work for you, try http://www.billsgames.com/tic-tac-web/. Bill's Games is a great site with lots of games like Card Games (Solitaire, Video Poker; Word Games
Plaid Libs (you make the story),
Towers of Hanoi,
- Web Market Game -- This is your big chance to see if you can master the Web Business. This simulation is extremely realistic as multiple players from all over the world create virtual corporations and guide them to success. This is a 5 star website -- especially for those that think they have the web business and the stock market figured out. The best thing is that if your decisions send your web company into the toilet, you do not really lose your shirt or end up in prison.
Looking to trade gaming and science fiction collectibles or items of interest?
-- the Galactic Virtual Market is coming soon.
In the interrim, visit VME's free classifieds.
To leave e-mail comments about this website send e-mail to: